Benefits Of Standing Desks
There was a time when standing desks were only used by the most eccentric individuals, but were seldom seen inside a regular office setting. That has changed, in large part due to research showing that the cumulative impact of sitting all day for years is associated with a range of health problems from obesity to diabetes to cancer. The average office worker spends over five hours sitting each day at his or her desk. The solution isn’t to sit for six hours at work and then head to the gym afterward, because evidence suggests that the negative effects of extended sitting can’t be countered by brief spurts of exercise. The answer is incorporating standing, pacing, and other forms of activity into your normal day and standing at your desk is the easiest way to achieve this. With monitor mounts, standing at your desk has never been easier. Here are a few benefits of a standing workstation:
- Reduced Risk Of Obesity
- Getting up and about is the key to fighting weight gain. For example, choosing to get up and talk to somebody rather than emailing them.
- Reduced Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes
- Sitting for extended periods of time is correlated with reduced effectiveness in regulating levels of glucose in the bloodstream, part of a condition known as metabolic syndrome that dramatically increases the chance of type 2 diabetes.
- Reduced Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease
- Sitting is bad for the cardiovascular system and can be linked to heart disease.
- Reduced Risk Of Cancer
- Studies have suggested that extended periods of sitting can be linked with a higher risk of many forms of cancer.
Modern technology, research, and new computer monitor mounting options make standing at your desk the preferred option for many. Call us today to discuss our products.